YOUR SUPPORT MAKES OUR IMAGINATION PROVE TRUE! Give now.
As we embark now on the artistic adventure of expanding our programming, we invite you to join us. CSC produces seven shows a year, a multitude of in-school educational opportunities, the student matinee program of Romeo and Juliet, and a variety of outreach programs in Baltimore City, Baltimore and Howard Counties, and beyond. We’ll be launching new community and education programs this year and next. Under our new roof in Baltimore and under the stars in Ellicott City, we have the capacity to serve 25,000 patrons and students annually. Won’t you help our imagination prove true?
Your support for CSC’s programming and operations fund enables us to refresh the classics in innovative ways, so their enduring relevance can be explored. With almost 12 years of experience as a Maryland theater company, CSC is committed to producing
- energetic performances of Shakespeare’s works that break down the barriers between audience and actor
- community outreach programs that make theatre accessible to all and nurture the next generation of theatre patrons
- live theatre as a valuable and memorable shared cultural experience, with the potential to impact the quality of life
You already know that CSC is improving a corner of Baltimore City’s downtown business district with its new cultural attraction. Yet a theater is so much more than a building: It’s a living, breathing community where audiences and actors meet for a few precious hours of artistry that enlightens, inspires, transforms, awes, and yes, entertains. Ticket sales represent only a fraction of the investment needed to achieve this mission; your support makes our imagination prove true. CSC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit theater.
SUPPORT CSC EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING
Education is at the heart of CSC’s work – we actively strive to engage all people in the quest to discover “What makes Shakespeare so great”. Our program has grown exponentially since the company’s inception. What began as pre- and post-show talks and the occasional visit to a school has grown into year-round activities, serving more than 5,500 students from across the state:
- Residencies: CSC teaching artists go into schools where they help students select, rehearse, and perform scenes, teaching techniques students can use to comprehend all of Shakespeare.
- Workshops: CSC teaching artists use games and exercises to help students overcome their fear of Shakespeare and increase their understanding of the text.
- School Matinees: A high-quality 90-minute adaptation of Romeo and Juliet with professional actors performed during the school day, in an historically relevant theater
- High School Corps:Student performance groups that work with CSC to self-produce performances of Shakespeare, led by experienced CSC Teaching Artist-Directors
CSC’s education programming reaches a wide variety of people in new, different, and innovative ways and the company is expanding this commitment in our new theater.
We believe that every child deserves an introduction to Shakespeare on the stage, not just the page — no matter where he or she lives. Your help can make that happen.
Community Investment Tax Credits are available.
CSC is pleased to offer Community Investment Tax Credits from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. These credits are only available to those who file their taxes in Maryland and are making a gift designated for CSC’s Education Programs. If you:
1. are making a gift greater than $500,
2. are designating these funds to CSC’s Education Program,
3. wish to receive a Maryland tax credit in 2015
Please make a note of this in the Comments Section of the Donation Form.
Contact: Laura Malkus, Development Director, at 410-244-8571, ext. 107
We’re doing our part to grow a new generation of arts patrons. You can help. Thanks to the generosity of underwriters each year, nearly 1,000 children experience live theatre for free each summer. Accompanied by ticketed adults, our youngest patrons enjoy pre-show festivities and then stay for the show. Our summer show program includes a sponsored insert of children’s activities and lessons related to the production. They picnic with their families and friends, and meet the actors after the performance. Together, we can continue to make outdoor theatre a magical experience for all children.
Contact: Laura Malkus, Development Director, at 410-244-8571 x107